Sunday, March 20, 2011

Your Story: Shelley Chaplin


You wouldn't think that a starter on the Australian wheelchair basketball national team would have much to do with wheelchair sports in BC. Well, you would be wrong. After falling in love with Vancouver during her internship for the 2010 World Wheelchair Rugby Championships, Shelley Chaplin has returned to the area to work for BC Wheelchair Basketball and train and compete in various local leagues. Recently, she was named to the All Star team at the Div 2 CWBL finals.

Shelley Chaplin

Six months ago, I had never heard of BCWSA. I came to BCWSA to complete my internship, and I was quite frankly amazed by the 2010WWRC event that the staff at BCWSA produced. Having been to a number of basketball world championships, I can safely say that this is the best wheelchair sports event I have even seen outside of the Paralympic Games and I am proud to say I was a part of it. BCWSA sets a high standard for wheelchair sports associations around the world.

2 comments: